We are officially FAA Drone Licensed, We have liftoff!
Kow Abundant is officially licensed by the FAA Part 107 to fly drones commercially in the United States.
This month Local Maps is a clear winner for local businesses! We have seen so many insights that point to Google really pushing local maps and people love using it. If you don’t think local maps help your business, check your own business insights, and you will probably be surprised.
A world of opportunity opens up to businesses who pursue video and that includes us at Kow Abundant. In 2019 we publically started focusing on video and investing in it since 2020. Recently, we passed our FAA Commercial drone flight Part 107 exam and are now FAA licensed commercial drone pilots. This was something that we wanted to start on just prior to the pandemic but got delayed (as things did during that time).
Our interest in commercial video and new drone models hitting the market inspired us to begin more commercial flights. Most of Columbus, Ohio (where we reside) is in controlled airspace and often requires FAA approval to fly your drone. We are able to get approvals through LAANC and fly safely in controlled airspace in Columbus, Ohio.
Our new video social media filming service is only $299 per month and has us film pieces for your social media and then gets them posted online for you including drone work in permitted airspace. See more here https://kowabundant.com/pricing/
If you or someone you knows has the marketing chops we are looking for then inquire on our website at kowabundant.com/hiring
Recently Named a 2022 Local Excellence Award Winner from UpCity
2022 Best SEO Agency Award
Top-Rated Digital Marketing Agencies in Columbus
Top Client Questions Of The Month:
Thanks to all the clients and newcomers for these great questions. Watch the Video Newsletter Here for more details.
TOP CLIENT QUESTIONS
1. What ads or promos are best for my business? – Tim
– Diversify and educate your customers to what it is you do. Often best to let us take the wheel as well to trust our focus and judgement to craft the best campaigns for you. We analyze a variety of factors to look at the whole picture given our experience to craft what is best for your business.
– we recommend analyzing the competition to get a holistic picture of the marketing landscape and build as campaigns that are custom and work for you. There are lots of choices and we can go beyond guidance when we are more free to do what works best for you. From local maps ads, to video, to custom ad retargeting within a certain local area whether it be Google, social media, YouTube, or beyond.
2. How long before a Google review is posted?
– Google reviews can take up to 48 hours to post. This time varies depending on the Google account that posted the review. If someone created a new Google account then their review can be checked by Google or sometimes will not post. Occasionally, Google will check reviews and it may take longer for the review to post. We have seen some reviews not post or take up to 3 weeks while others post faster.
3. Can you take down a review?
– Google reviews are very difficult to remove or takedown. Our success rate is about 1 of 3 which is really high as our account is in better standing than most to do so. That being said, if you had any interaction with the reviewer at all it is about impossible to remove the review. Google will only take down reviews if they are harassment, spam, or if you never had any type of interaction. Even if they were technically not a customer of yours but are connected to a customer like a tenant or employee, then it will often not be possible to take down a review. The review process takes about 3 weeks or more and often the result is that the review stays.
– The best thing to do is to respond to the review, be honest, and put your feedback as to why the review is unfair or contact that person directly to reach an agreement. It is frustrating but bad reviews and even malicious reviews do happen. The best medicine is to get many positive reviews so people know this is a one-off occurrence.
– Staying ahead of Google reviews is the best way to fix this and communicating with customers about getting more reviews is how you ensure you have the best reviews at the top. Google actually wants your company to have some bad or lower score reviews as they feel that is a more honest business with actual customers. So if you lose a perfect rating that is okay just try to stay on top of it so you keep a great rating overall!
4. How am I getting calls outside of the state for my business? Is this Google Ads?
– Often this depends as your analytics will say where your leads are coming from more accurately. Generally, this occurs with SEO when you site might be seen more all over the web and especially more outside but still in your state that Google feels it is relevant to be shown.
– You also want to check your Google Ads to see if you are advertising in those areas and remove them if you don’t want to be seen there.
5. Can I completely remove one type of device from getting my Google Ads campaigns?
– Technically Yes, Google Ads allows a max bid adjustment of -100%. This means that you cannot fully remove a certain type of device from seeing your ads in search campaigns which is a bummer if you want to do that. Some campaigns we have seen actually have much lower conversion costs and cost per conversion and perform better on some devices than others. Thus we wanted to remove mobiles from a campaign but sadly we could not due to this limitation which is, well, a bummer.
6. Should I click and accept the recommendations that Google ads provide? Any issues in doing that?
– If you have a campaign managed by Kow Abundant we say do not click those recommendations because they can actually do harm and from what we have seen is a good way for Google to get more of your money. If your running your own campaigns they can provide decent guidance but it is important to know what those changes do before you do them.
– For example, one change was suggested by adding lots of broad match keywords to an account which would absolutely not help and would just spend more money without delivering results. So we do look at the recommendations but we would say we do about 10% of them for campaigns overall or a variation of what they recommend.
If you have any questions or would like this kind of help please contact us at Kowabundant.com/contact
Big news from Google which is extending 3rd party cookies in Chrome 1 more year!
Don’t underestimate the Power of Local Maps listings! Use insights to see how you compare with competitors. Track calls, page views, and more. Local Maps pack is the most powerful local tool you can utilize by Google so take advantage of it! Local Maps ads are bigger than most people think as well. More people use maps to find things locally every day.
GOOGLE ADS NEWS
Google auto switches some campaigns to new data-driven attribution model
No more editing expanded text ads
This month’s charity to support is Beehive Alliance
Each month we support a charity and donate to it. This month we encourage you to Beehive Alliance. Awareness for kids mental health.
New book launches August 2nd!
Order the book and support kids mental health – 100% proceeds go to beehive alliance today only. – Click Here
This Month In Memes
When you run out of friends.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is trying too hard to be like TikTok
When you ask a business owner after 1 year of business.
Thanks for reading! Please comment below with any questions.
Still reading this huh? Maybe you would be interested in some of these articles.