Top Client Questions Of The Month:
Thanks to all the clients and newcomers for these great questions. Watch the Video Newsletter above for more detailed answers. Here they are.
1. What does not a parent mean with 55+? Child at home? Not having kids now at home?
– For age targeting, browsers fit into a demographic category, which include gender and age range, based purely on the sites that have been visited. In addition, certain publishers actually share demographic information they gather from their website and social media accounts. – Google rep
2. How is income determined for retirees who have assets but lower income? -Julie
Top 10%, above $146,001.
11-20%, $131,001 to $146,000.
21-30%, $111,001 to $131,000.
31-40%, $96,001 to $111,000.
41-50%, $64,001 to $96,000.
Lower 50%, $0 to $64,000.
– Household income targeting is based on census, panels, and survey data. – Google rep
3. Can you have multiple users on an Instagram account? -Jamie
– No, Instagram only allows you to have one master account which you can make a brand or business account. You will have to share a username and password with those who you want to make changes or posts.
4. How does Google Ads prevent or monitor click fraud in my campaigns? – Frank
– A good way to fix this with display campaigns is to set up retargeting for display. Google has special detection for click fraud using its algorithm to remove and not charge you for invalid clicks. If you to go beyond this, there are paid tools or you can use IP address to target and remove IP addresses. You can also use location focus and exclusions to remove clicks. https://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/
5. Recently, someone said I have much lower backlinks than a competitor but other tools say I have more, why is this? – Kenny
– Backlink tools are never 100% reliable so it is good to check different tools as some are better than others. In our experience, Ahrefs is one of the best and then SEMrush, followed by other far behind.
6. Does Google Ads give you the IP address or info about who clicked?
– No, that information is private and Google does not give you specific name, address, or IP info of who clicked. In that way, it is anonymous. There are third-party tools that will show that information like Hubspot at a price of $800 per month.
7. How can I get my website on Google news? – Chris
– Sign up for Google Publisher https://support.google.com/news/publisher-center/answer/9607025?hl=en, fill out the information and add your site there to start. Also, you want to have a news sitemap that you can upload via Google Search Console
8. Should I start my ads over the holiday weekend? – Mark J
– Yes and no. It depends on the platform. If you are running Google display ads then yes as many people will be on their phones during the downtime and you have great potential for clicks and interest. If you are running Linkedin ads then, No. Far less people will be on Linkedin compared to a workweek over the holiday.
Watch the SEO Video Above For more detailed answers