June Editorial from Kow Abundant
The cicadas are out and Google, Facebook, and Apple have bugs of their own to deal with. Apple’s recent changes with auto opted-out user-tracking have accelerated the cookie-less world that was coming in 2022 to now.
At the Google marketing event in late May, Google focused on the Privacy of users by introducing Consent-Mode in the UK & Europe. For advertisers, the changes in We go into lots of detail this month in our video all about it.
Content is king and is the future. These changes by big tech prove that. Small businesses should lean in as much as possible to creating brand content and getting users to sign up via email (first-party data) to their services. This means it’s finally time to dust off your newsletters, blogs, and social media posting skills and start now!
Kow Abundant recently launched a new social media management service to help businesses schedule post content, analyze competitors’ top posts, and help boost targeted pixel conversion-based posts. Growing your audience and controlling your own reach is now key.
Kow Abundant is hiring a digital marketing manager/associate, if you’ve got SEO and Google Ads chops then contact us at [email protected]
Kow Abundant just won our 6th major award for 2021. Expertise.com named us a best SEO Expert in Columbus!
As a top Columbus SEO company, we work hard to achieve lasting results for our clients using proven SEO techniques that deliver better rankings.
It is wonderful to be honored in this way. Read the full article and release here.
“We want to thank our amazing clients for helping us achieve this great honor and for giving us the opportunity to help grow their businesses over the years.”
Top Client Questions Of The Month:
Thanks to all the clients and newcomers for these great questions. Watch the Video Newsletter Here for more details.
1. What is Facebook business manager and how can I add a person to my Facebook ads account?
– Facebook Business Manager is a way for advertisers and users to have more control over their ad and business account. Using business manager gives you lots of options for user control, ad customizations, and campaign features like controlling your Facebook pixel. It is for advertising agencies or businesses that have multiple users that want more control in their business accounts. There is a learning curve and this is more of an enterprise-level product.
– To add people, go to Facebook Account settings and click on “Add People” to add a person to your ads account. Make sure you have valid payment info added. Then we can boost posts for you using our SEM tools.
2. I had heard that Apple will no longer allow device retargeting, does this affect my ads?
– Apple and Facebook have been in a bitter battle with privacy and advertising.
– Current ads are not affected, Google has a multi-billion dollar agreement to be Apple’s exclusive search provider for Siri and Safari, and users are still tracked on Google sites. Sites like Youtube, Gmail, general search ads, and even the multitude of sites connected through GA4 and analytics are not affected. So don’t lose sleep over it.
– Content is king. Consider investing in social media articles that catch people’s attention. Articles like “How this person got or went from…” Share well on social. Invest in what social truly is, sharing articles and stories and engaging with people online through interactive media. Make it creative, engaging, educational, and fun.
– Focus on results and don’t be too salesy with your pieces. Other methods include strong email campaigns, have an ongoing video strategy, update your customers with video updates about your business. The videos we have seen with the highest view time and engagement are the fun and silly videos that also educate people.
– Have an active blog where you can share content.
– Contact Kow Abundant or your account rep to see about our social media posting service where we help you schedule and create content as well as properly boost social posts.
3. I see some high bounce rates from certain links in analytics results, should I block these? Are they spam?
4. Should I remove my COVID update on my website as more places start opening up fully again?
– At this time, COVID updates will not affect your SEO and can be removed if you wish. See advice from your state and local guidelines to be compliant.
5. Does Google do new algorithms monthly, quarterly?
– Google has said they do 10+ search updates every day! Core updates come every few months or quarterly and major updates every 2 years or so. No hard and fast rules but are what we have seen. Consult your SEO pro if you have more questions about staying on top of them or check out Search Engine Roundtable for the latest Google update news.
6. How should I optimize my 15 or 30 sec Youtube ads? Are people able to click to my site from the video?
– Youtube ads are all about exposure and awareness vs clicks. Video ads will drive fair fewer clicks compared to display. You can use video with your display ads in Google Ads. Optimize your videos by having the core info the first 5 seconds like contact or the sale info or stunning visuals first. Many people may only see the first 5-10 seconds so be quick then drive it home.
– People can click on a link you decide as well as a button like View More or Contact to see more info as well.
7. Can you improve my SEO? I use a site builder like one from Wix or Godaddy and have a basic website
– Site builders are great to get things started when you first begin to get a website quickly that looks pretty decent. If you are asking the question about improving your SEO then it is probably time to upgrade your website to WordPress or something more powerful.
– Site builders are pretty terrible for SEO. They don’t allow users to customize code, no site tracking for button clicks, analytics integration is very basic, and usually, they look pretty basic as well.
– WordPress sites open things up to improve your SEO and better showcase your business. We use WordPress ourselves and it has served us well for SEO which is why we also recommend them to clients. It gives you far greater control over your site, the backend, and your SEO rankings building a stronger foundation to help you grow even more.
Watch the SEO Video For more detailed answers
GOOGLE ADS NEWS
New payment threshold dates and max charges plus new max monthly spend option
Google updates Customer Match, Performance Max campaigns, the Insights page and product feeds at its Marketing Livestream event.
Google had its Google Marketing event. It detailed new changes and updates for Google Ads as well as updates and the importance of user privacy. Google still plans to use FLoC at this time for 2022.
Apple and Google Ads, little will actually change with ads, watch the video. Google can still track everything on first-party data like search, Gmail, Youtube, and even other sites linked with Federated Cohorts GA4 tracking enabled.
Watch this exceptional video breakdown from Rene Richie
Search Engine Land: Google Ads announces privacy-focused changes for Analytics, Tag Manager, and enhanced conversions.
Search Engine Land Article
Google announced consent mode rolling out in UK and Europe markets. This works when people don’t consent to using cookies and instead uses machine learning predictions to group users into anonymous segments for marketers to still potentially advertise to those customers.
Google will release a new core web vitals update in Mid-June. This is a mid-scale update that focuses on page loading speed, page experience, and mobile usability as a tie-breaker for rankings.
Search Engine Journal: Google’s Last-Minute Advice On The Page Experience Update.
Update & repurpose old articles on your website to increase SEO, update older articles to give them new life, and increase rankings. How do you ask? Update links, dates, and relevant information on your articles. Google loves it when you update your website and will give you a rankings boost!
This month’s charity is
GoFundMe benefit for Cancer for Ryan Horn
Each month we support a charity and donate to it. This month we encourage you to click here to donate to our personal friend Ryan Horn who was diagnosed with cancer.
This Month in Memes
Facebook is making this worse than it is.
Tim Cook and Mark Zuckerberg sit down for a friendly meeting. What could go wrong!?
Marketing managers and creators doing all the heavy lifting but get none of the love. Such is life.
Thanks for reading! Please comment below with any questions.
Still reading this huh? Maybe you would be interested in some of these articles.