Spring Forward March 13th!
The Spring equinox is March 20th, 2022, and marks the first day of Spring. In Ohio, we can’t wait for the weather to get warmer. The flowers and plants begin poking out more and we all start going out more.
In the Northern Hemisphere, the March equinox (aka spring equinox or vernal equinox)is when the Sun crosses the equator line, heading north. After this date, the Northern Hemisphere and Ohio begin to be tilted more toward the Sun, resulting in increasing daylight hours and warming temperatures.
So with warming temperatures that means people will be out and about more, doing fun stuff, going to events, and enjoying life outside more in Ohio. This means your marketing efforts should be prepped for it. Dust off the old signs, get out there to reach your customers. While you do it, take a photo or record a short video and post it online. March is a great time to post as there are tons of fun holidays going on, my favorite is Pi day. See our full list later.
Statista reports that 2 of 3 US citizens have a Facebook account so being active on social media is important. We include PRO TIPs in our newsletters past and present to help with this. We always recommend video but great photos work well too. Remember, ABP, Always Be Posting!
BONUS: For some posting ideas, here is that full list we mentioned of all the holidays and bizarre days in March (more than you might think)
Kow Abundant just won a major award for 2022. SocialAppsHQ named us a Top 3 Facebook Marketing agency in Columbus!
As a top Social Media Marketing Company in Columbus, we work hard to achieve lasting results for our clients using proven Facebook marketing techniques that deliver better results. We have shown that our work results in a 4x greater ROI vs doing it yourself and in many cases even better than that!
It is wonderful to be honored in this way. Read the full article and release here.
“Affordable ad solutions and social media marketing is at the heart of this accomplishment and what we strive to provide to our excellent clients”
Top Client Questions Of The Month:
Thanks to all the clients and newcomers for these great questions. Watch the Video Newsletter Here for more details.
1. Can I leave an anonymous review in Google Maps?
– No, there are certain ways to obfuscate your name but those take more effort than most want and are not really long term solutions.
– Google requires a name and info from a Gmail or email account to post reviews that is for business security reasons. https://support.google.com/mail/thread/11169047/how-can-i-post-a-review-and-not-have-my-name-revealed-especially-my-last-name?hl=en
2. Can we pause our account and come back after a bit? What happens with our ads accounts? – Heidi
– Yes, you can pause anytime and go back to your account. We make it easy for our clients to do so and we have clients all the time come back to restart ad services. We just had a client call us after about 2 years to restart ads and we have all there stuff on file so it was easy to restart.
– Google Ad accounts keep accounts active for up to 2 years after nonpayment then they disable them.
– Facebook ad accounts basically always stay active so no issues there with Facebook or Instagram.
3. What is the difference between impressions and reach in Facebook Ads?
– Impressions is number of times content is viewed,
– Reach is number of unique viewers
4. Do testimonials on our website help our SEO?
– Testimonials onsite account for a small percentage of SEO local pack at 5%. Really they can help overall with trust on a website but it is far better to get reviews from directly on Google Business Profile (maps) and then you can use a service to dynamically add reviews to your site. EmbedSocial is a plugin that does this to great effect and makes it easy so you don’t have to mess with content as it will update reviews based on criteria you select. Just adding some text about a review on your site doesn’t do much for SEO but does look good for your credibility so it is better than not having it. The proper way to add reviews on your website is to use what is called schema to tell Google this is a review so that it can better incorporate that data into search. If you have questions about this contact Kow Abundant.
5. In Geofencing is it good to spread impressions over a large area of locations or fewer locations?
– I asked my marketing groups and here are some of the answers back from the marketing community
I have had the same experience from a different company. At the end of the day they couldn’t explain anything and got super defensive when we questioned a lot of suspicious stuff, blaming it on our website and GA. Funny that every other paid traffic source to our site worked fine. Dropped them quicker than a hot potato. – Luke Chapman — 02/07/2022
We can see that Geofencing doesn’t look like a good options for advertisers. Companies often get excited at the prospect of marketing directly to customers in a store but in our experience people just think it is annoying and even creepy. The conversions where 5% at best and very low level actions.
Many top pros are not convinced of geofencing and its efficacy.
@GregFinn twitter.com/gregfinn (Top Industry Expert – Host of MarketingOClock Podcast) — 02/07/2022
– I’ve seen before – low level programmatic traffic – that average session duration is a dead giveaway of quality. Actually surprised you have conversions. What is that conversion action? Must be very lightweight.
Our advice is to stick with targeted ads on Google and other platforms instead of dedicated Geofencing campaigns. For the high cost of Geofencing ads, you are better suited using more targeted ads on other platforms directly.
6. What are local actions in my Google Ads conversions?
– They are actions taken by a user who saw an add and interacted with it in some way. This could be clicking on a map ad, clicking your number, or some other element on the map ad and even took an action locally to your store or area. https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9013908?hl=en
7. What are smart goals in Google Ads?
– Smart Goals are auto generated goals created by Google analytics. They are good if you dont really know what goals to track and help identify some basic conversions and user data. We recommend your own personal conversion tracking which is much better though using Google Tag Manager and Kow Abundant. Usually goal tracking is what you want a user to do on your website, like submit a contact form, buy something, call you, or schedule an appointment. We recommend working directly with Kow Abundant to better track your goals and only rely on Smart Goals if you have to.
If you have any questions or would like this kind of help please contact us at Kowabundant.com/contact
Watch the SEO Video For more detailed answers
What is the avg CTR for Google Ads in 2022?
RankMath SEO integrates new IndexNow for instant Bing search updates
Google’s John Mueller talks about sites that mention you without using your link, does it count for your SEO? Not really.
Let’s talk about that bounce… rate. Bounce rate is an important measurement of how users interact with your site. A bounce rate is how quickly someone leaves your site after first going there.
This involves a user that only sees one page and usually doesn’t click anything. 20 tips to lower bounce rate. Search Engine Journal: 20 Proven Ways To Reduce Your Bounce Rate.
This month’s charity is
Autism Speaks in Central Ohio
Each month we support a charity and donate to it. This month we encourage you to Autism Speaks In Central Ohio
This Month in Memes
Why Google Reviews are important. Rate this moving company
This is 💯 accurate
Sales take time
Thanks for reading! Please comment below with any questions.
Still reading this huh? Maybe you would be interested in some of these articles.